5 Ways to Save on Baking
Dec 02, 2018
The cookies need to be baked! It's time to save money on all those baking needs. Ingredients for good baking are relatively inexpensive. Flour, sugar, and eggs are staples at the grocery store and often viewed as CHEAP items. However, when baking in mass, those items can really throw your December budget.
Some baking items like butter or chocolate chips are considered expensive, and need to be purchased on sale, or with a coupon. Not to mention those odd things we buy only once a year like coconut flakes, or toffee bits! These things are something we need for holiday candy and confections, and by the time we load up the cart with multiples of all of them, it's $40 extra bucks!
Here are 5 ways to save money on all your baking needs:
1. Use the Penny Pincher for Sugars. All sugars are included, granulated, brown, and powdered. $1.49 for any 2. Yes, I'll buy more by shopping with multiple trips. You can too. C&H has a coupon on their Redplum site for $1 on 2. You can print it twice!
2. Save on sticks of butter! I go through a lot of butter when making cookies. Usually I end up using 12 sticks of butter. Goodness! I like to buy when Prairie Farms is on sale, from $3.99 on sale 2/$5, just wait for it, and I use coupons. I freeze my butter quarters all the time on the door of my fridge. They are small and freeze for months! I try to keep two boxes there and rotate one to the fridge. In December it won't matter when the store puts them on sale, I'm ready to go for less.
3. Utilize all the digital offers you can. We make it easy to install the free Digital coupon app from County Market. It will have a few baking coupons mixed into the offers. Be sure to add them to your max card before you shop at the store.
4. Search your unique ingredients brand websites for offers. Who doesn't love Hershey? But did you take a look for Karo Syrup, Baker's Square, or McCormick food coloring? Whatever ingredient you need, just google them for a coupon.
5. It's an oldie but a goodie, pick up extra newspaper inserts for the holidays. There are always Nestle, Hershey, and other baking coupons during the Nov and Dec months. If you missed Nov, you can buy them online from clipping services and have them shipped to you within two days. Savings can be $1 to $15 on your baking goods with just newspaper insert coupons.