Boo-nanner Yogurt Popsicles for Halloween
Oct 15, 2015
This could not be more easy for a fun kid-friendly dessert recipe for Halloween!!! Get the kids involved and let them help make these cute little ghost-resembling popsicles!
“Boo-Nanner” Yogurt Popsicles
Prep/Freeze Time: 1-2 hours Number of Servings: 4
- 2 large bananas (not too ripe or they will break)
- 2 containers Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Mini dark chocolate chips (for eyes)
- Wooden popsicle sticks
- Wax paper
- Take the bananas and cut them in half widthwise and then slice them in half lengthwise (be careful with them so they don’t break).
- Empty containers of Greek yogurt into a small bowl & insert popsicle sticks into banana halves.
- Dip banana halves (on the popsicle sticks) into the Greek yogurt and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or plate (one that can fit in your freezer) flat side down.
- Place 2 mini chocolate chips on the top of the banana into the Greek yogurt (to help it stick) for the “ghost’s eyes.”
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all have been dipped in yogurt and given chocolate chips for eyes. Freeze for at least 1-2 hours and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 145 Protein: 7.2gm Total Carbohydrates: 27gm Fiber: 2.4gm
Total Fat: 2gm Cholesterol: 2.5mg Sodium: 33mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market