Oct 12, 2015
Here's a fun and easy recipe to make for the kiddos before they head out the door for trick-or- treating.
“Mini Mummy Pizzas”
Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes Number of Servings: 6 (2 mummy faces are a serving)
- 1 Package (6 muffins) Thomas 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins (sliced in half)
- 10-12 low-fat string cheese sticks
- 1 jar or can of pizza sauce
- Sliced black olives (for eyes)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place the English muffin halves (12 total) outsides facing down on the baking sheet.
- Top each English muffin with 1-2 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Peel string cheese into strips and lay on top of the pizza sauce in a criss-cross style to create the look of “mummy” bandages (remember to leave some space for melting).
- Place 2 black olive slices on each of the English muffin halves for eyes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese has melted all the way.
- To help reduce the sodium content, try swapping in Food for Life Ezekiel 4:9 ® English Muffins instead and choose a lower sodium pizza sauce.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 240 Protein: 15gm Total Carbohydrates: 27gm Fiber: 3.3gm
Total Fat: 6gm Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 660mg
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market