Crust-Less Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche
Dec 22, 2015
Crust-less Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche
Prep/Cook Time: 1 hour & 15 Minutes Number of Servings: 6
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest® Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped leeks or onion
- 2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 Wild Harvest Organic Large Eggs
- 1½ cups Wild Harvest Organic low-fat milk
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté until softened (about 3-5 minutes). Add in spinach and tomatoes; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until spinach is wilted (about 2-3 minutes).
2. Transfer mixture to a greased 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined. Pour over cheese.
4. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until eggs are set and knife inserted in center comes out clean (about 40-50 minutes).
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories 170 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 3g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 860mg; Carbohydrates 8g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Protein 10g.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Wild Harvest Organics
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market