Blueberry Chicken Salad With Almonds
Jan 13, 2016
Are you looking for a "lighter" chicken salad recipe that is not "light" on flavor? Then this is the one for you!! You can beat those winter blues with this yummy recipe that has a surprisingly delicious addition: BLUEBERRIES!
Fresh Chilean Blueberry Chicken Salad with Almonds
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes Number of Servings: 6
- 2 whole cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fresh Chilean blueberries
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Dice chicken breasts and place in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle red onion with rice vinegar and toss into bowl.
- Add green onion, parsley, cranberries, blueberries and fold gently into mix.
- In a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, yogurt and mustard. Blend well and fold dressing into salad. Garnish with toasted almonds. Serve with whole grain crackers or pita bread.
Nutrition Facts (per serving and doesn’t include crackers or pita):
Calories: 150 Protein: 9.5gm Total Carbohydrates: 15gm Fiber: 2gm
Total Fat: 5gm Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 480mg
Recipe from the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market