Cherry "Garcia" Overnight Oats
Jan 21, 2016
Looking for an easy breakfast recipe that you can grab-n-go? Sweet Chilean Cherries are only available for a limited time so stock up now and freeze the extra for recipes just like this!
Cherry “Garcia” Overnight Oats
Prep Time: 5 minutes Number of servings: 1
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ - ¾ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk or Skim Milk (depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 full ripe Mashed banana
- ¾ cup frozen no sugar added dark red Cherries (thawed)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- ½ Tablespoon plain Almond Butter (shouldn’t have sugar in ingredients list)
- 1 teaspoon mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass jar, cup, or bowl except for the mini dark chocolate chips (if using). Stir well and cover.
- Place in your fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with any extras such as slivered almonds, mini dark chocolate chips (if using).
- To add more thickness you can also use around 1/3 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- To cut down on carbohydrates use ½ of a banana and only ½ cup frozen unsweetened cherries.
Nutrition Facts (for the total recipe, doesn’t include additional toppings or mini chocolate chips):
Calories: 395 Total Fat: 9.4gm Protein: 10.6gm Total Carbohydrates: 76gm
Cholesterol: 0mg Dietary Fiber: 12.6gm Sodium: 93mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market