Jan 25, 2016
There’s no better way of keeping your health in check than by eating fruits and vegetables. Here is a vegetable recipe that you will surely enjoy the taste of because it can be tailored to your taste buds and vegetable preferences!
Minutes to Cook: 40-45 Number of Servings: 6
- 1 purple eggplant, diced into 1” sections
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1” sections
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced into 1” sections
- 1 green bell pepper, diced into 1” sections
- 1- 8oz package whole button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, left whole
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1” sections
- 1 zucchini (small-medium sized), diced into 1” sections
- 1 yellow zucchini squash (small-medium sized), diced into 1” sections
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Salt (optional), to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and set out a large roasting pan or jelly-roll pan for the vegetables.
- Place all cut up vegetables in a large gallon zip lock bag, add the olive oil and seal the bag tightly.
- Shake the bag until all of the vegetables are coated well with the olive oil.
- Open the bag and add all of the herbs and any other seasonings you would like and then seal and shake the bag again.
- Place the coated vegetables onto the baking pan and roast uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring only once.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender and have browned along the edges, stirring occasionally as needed.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional) or use Mrs. Dash seasoning blends for the flavor you are trying to achieve.
- You can swap out any of the vegetables above for vegetables that are in season or are your favorites such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, radishes, etc. (Note: your cooking time may vary depending on the types of vegetables).
- Make sure that you cut all of the vegetables in uniform size so that they cook evenly.
- This recipe could also be modified by using an outdoor grill. Be sure to use a foil pouch or vegetable basket.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 145 Protein: 3gm Total Carbohydrates: 15gm Fiber: 4gm
Total Fat: 9.5gm Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 7mg (without adding salt)
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market