Cafe' Mocha Smoothie
Feb 19, 2016
Here is a quick and healthy breakfast recipe for all of you coffee-lovers out there! Enjoy.
Café Mocha Smoothie
Preparation Time: 3 minutes Number of Servings: 1
- 1 frozen banana, chunks*
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cold (you can also buy plain, unsweetened chilled coffee)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Honey, to taste (optional)
*Take ripe bananas peel and slice into chunks and freeze them
- Add cold coffee, Greek yogurt, frozen banana, and unsweetened cocoa powder to your blender. Blend on high until creamy and mixed well.
- Taste for sweetness and add honey to your desired taste preference.
- You can also add ice cubes if you would like it to be thicker in texture.
-- You can add ¼ of an avocado, 1 tablespoon chia seeds OR 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed for a more filling smoothie & a dose of heart-healthy fats!
-- Add more or less ice depending on the texture or thickness you desire.
-- Add a handful of baby spinach to add some veggies to your smoothie.
Nutrition Facts (for the recipe does NOT include honey):
Calories: 190 Total Fat: 1gm Protein: 14gm Total Carbohydrates: 3gm
Cholesterol: 0mg Dietary Fiber: 5gm Sodium: 60mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market