National Potato Lovers Day
Feb 08, 2016
Today is National Potato Lovers Day and I couldn't be happier. Potatoes are one of my favorites and are a staple in my family's meals weekly. I've never met a potato that I didn't like. My favorite way to cook potatoes are by roasting them with fresh herbs and a little olive oil. Simple and delicioius. If your'e looking for a one pot potato meal then this recipe is for you.
Tuscan Potato Skillet
Courtesy of Our Family Eats
Ready Time: 40 min Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 25 min
• 1 pound petite red potatoes
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 pound chicken tenderloins
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (12-oz.) bag frozen green beans, thawed
• 1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Cut each potato into 4 wedges. Place in a large microwave-safe bowl and season with salt and pepper. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Stir and microwave for 4 minutes more.
2. While potatoes are cooking, cut each chicken tenderloin into 4 equal pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until nicely browned, stirring
frequently. Add remaining oil and potatoes; cook and stir for 5 minutes more to brown potatoes and fully cook chicken.
3. Stir in rosemary, garlic, green beans, lemon zest and juice. Cook for a few minutes more to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories: 240, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 50mg,
Sodium: 690mg, Potassium: 137mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 1g,
Protein: 22g, Vitamin A: 4%, Vitamin C: 50%, Calcium: 2%, Iron: 10%
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market