Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
Jun 06, 2016
June is Dairy Month and the Live Well team wants you to celebrate with this delicious Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie recipe. Great for a quick breakfast or delicious dessert.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes Number of Servings: 1
- 1 frozen banana, chunks*
- 1 Navel orange, peeled OR 2 clementines, peeled
- ½ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Honey, to taste (optional)
*Take ripe bananas peel and slice into chunks and freeze them
- Add almond milk, Greek yogurt, frozen banana, and orange segments to your blender. Blend on high until creamy and mixed well.
- Taste for sweetness and add honey to your desired taste preference.
- You can also add ice cubes if you would like it to be thicker in texture.
ü You can add ¼ of an avocado, 1 tablespoon chia seeds OR 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed for a more filling smoothie & a dose of heart-healthy fats!
ü Add more or less ice depending on the texture or thickness you desire.
ü Add a handful of baby spinach to add some veggies to your smoothie.
Nutrition Facts (for the recipe does NOT include honey):
Calories: 265 Total Fat: 3gm Protein: 15gm Total Carbohydrates: 49gm
Cholesterol: 0mg Dietary Fiber: 7gm Sodium: 234mg