Just Peachy Salsa
Aug 11, 2016
So many ripe peaches...so many possibilities! Here is an easy salsa recipe that incorporates a little heat and smoky flavor from the chipotle peppers. Try it out because I think you will find it to be JUST PEACHY (pun intended!). Enjoy!
Peachy Chipotle Salsa
Prep Time: 30 minutes Number of Servings: 6
- 2 cups ripe peaches, diced
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup canned chipotle chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano (or ½ teaspoon fresh oregano)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
-- Try this salsa whole grain pita chips or over baked fish such as cod or tilapia.
-- Add some fresh chopped cilantro for added color and flavor
-- Not a fan of the smoky pepper taste? Try swapping in more diced red bell pepper or orange bell pepper in the place of the chipotle pepper.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 47 Total fat: 0.4gm Protein: 1gm Carbohydrates: 11gm
Cholesterol: 0mg Fiber: 2gm Sodium: 82mg
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation/Fruits and Veggies More Matters ®
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market