Nov 26, 2016
Need another idea for that leftover turkey other than making a cold turkey sandwich?? Make these simple and quick Turkey Tostadas with the leftovers!
Leftover Turkey Tostadas
Total Cook/Prep Time: 35 minutes Makes: 4 servings (2 tostadas is a serving)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can no salt added Rotel
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey, leftover
- 8 corn tortillas
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the olive oil and sliced onion in a medium sized pot over medium heat and cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the can of rotel to the pot and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 15 minutes).
- Add the cooked leftover turkey to the pot and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- While that is cooking, lightly spray both sides of all the corn tortillas with cooking spray and place in a single layer on 1 to 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through until crispy.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the salsa, Greek yogurt, and cilantro until combined.
- Spread each of the crispy tortillas with the mashed avocado mixture and top with the turkey mixture, shredded lettuce and cheese.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 411 Protein: 39gm Total Carbohydrates: 25gm Fiber: 5gm
Total Fat: 20gm Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 309mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market