Christmas Breakfast Idea
Dec 19, 2016
Christmas is almost here and we are all planning our Christmas Day menu. When company is coming why not keep Christmas morning breakfast simple. This recipe can be prepped the night before so that all you need to do is pop it into the oven the next morning. I love these since they are super simple and light. Feel free to substitute ingredients or add other foods you might have on hand. I live to serve these with a fresh fruit salad.
Christmas Morning Spinach & Red Pepper Quiches
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes Number of Servings: 12
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and extra water squeezed out
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a regular sized muffin tin by spraying all 12 spots with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Evenly portion out the mixture into the 12 prepared baking cups until they are all nearly full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the quiche comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 56 Protein: 6gm Total Carbohydrates: 5gm Fiber: 0.6gm
Total Fat: 1.2gm Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 214mg
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market