Taste of Summer
Jan 16, 2017
Blueberry Barley Salad with Mint Lime Vinaigrette
Daydreaming of summer? A blueberry barley salad with mint lime vinaigrette is a taste of sweet summertime. Crunchy almonds, fresh mango, blueberries and mint leaves combine with the hearty flavor of barley for a salad that will warm you up from the inside out.
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups baby kale blend, arugula, or watercress
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- Cook barley according to package directions; let cool.
- In serving bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in chopped mint.
- Add cooked barley, blueberries, baby kale blend, mango, almonds and red onion, tossing until evenly coated.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Number of servings (yield): 8 Cups
7 g total fat (Sat 1 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 1 g, Mono 4 g)
0 mg cholesterol
150 mg sodium
160 mg potassium
25 g total carbohydrate
7 g dietary fiber
5 g total sugars
3 g protein
Recipe and info. courtesy of: http://www.blueberrycouncil.org
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market