Labor Day Recipe
Aug 30, 2017
Labor Day is right around the corner and that means pasta salad, burgers, hot dogs and potato salad!
Most of us like to try a little of everything and that’s where we can get in to trouble - These types of dishes often are made with heavy sauces, condiments, and full-fat cheeses which can really add up in the calorie department.
Here is a tasty spin on the traditional potato salad recipes we are used to and it provides heart-friendly fats and rich flavors without being too rich in calories!
Wholly Potato Salad
Minutes to Prepare: 25 Number of Servings: 8
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup of Hellman’s dijonnaise (or if you like plain Dijon mustard you can use that too)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- ½ tablespoon dried dill
- 6-8 medium sized red potatoes, boiled, diced (or cubed very small), cooled
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1-8oz container of Wholly Guacamole (classic version)
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- In a medium sized bowl combine the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, Dijonnaise, dill pickle relish, and dried dill. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, onions, and celery and mix well. Add the dijonnaise mixture to the bowl and mix until blended. Chill in the refrigerator 1-2 hours or until you are ready to serve.
- Gently fold in the chopped cilantro and container of guacamole just before you are ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 270 Protein: 4gm Total Carbohydrates: 38gm Fiber: 5gm
Total Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 248mg
Recipe calculated courtesy of SparkRecipe calculator
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness