Southwest Black Bean And Brown Rice Salad
Sep 06, 2017
Looking for a quick weeknight meal that is sure to make the whole family happy? Look no further. This black bean and rice salad with a southwest flare is not only delicious but also pairs well with steak, pork or chicken.
Southwest Black Bean & Brown Rice Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes (not including time to cook brown rice) Number of Servings: 8 (3/4 cup servings)
· 1/3 cup oil and vinegar dressing
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 4 cups cooked brown rice
· 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1 small red bell pepper, diced
· 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
· 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
· 2 tablespoons lime wedges, optional
1. In large bowl, combine dressing, cumin, salt and pepper; mix well.
2. Stir in rice, black beans, red pepper, green onions and cilantro; mix well.
3. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts (per serving & does NOT include sides):
Calories: 300 Protein: 23gm Total Carbohydrates: 37gm Fiber: 4gm
Total Fat: 7gm Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 400mg
Recipe Courtesy of USA Rice
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market