Score Big With This Game Day Meal
Oct 02, 2017
Trying to figure out how use Quinoa? Not sure if your family will like it? Try this delicious recipe. Perfect for fall weather and tailgating.
Buffalo Chicken Quinoa
Minutes to Cook: 25 Number of Servings: 12 – ½ cup servings
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 16 oz canned (white) chicken breast, packed in water, drained
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (Could add more if you like it a little spicer)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (or Gorgonzola)
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, canned chicken, grated carrots, diced celery, and 1/2 of the chopped green onions. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the hot sauce and olive oil together until well blended and then pour over the quinoa mixture.
3. Mix the sauce into the quinoa and chicken mixture and then add half of the blue cheese. Mix evenly.
4. Finally top the quinoa dish with the remaining green onions and blue cheese and enjoy!
- You can use 1 lb of grilled chicken in the place of the canned chicken if you have the time to grill or like more of a grilled flavor.
- Add garlic powder or fresh diced garlic to add more flavor.
- Serve this recipe cold for a nice spin on traditional warm buffalo chicken dishes!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 155 Protein: 9gm Total Carbohydrates: 10gm Fiber: 1.6gm Total Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 770mg
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market