Fill Up/Fuel Up
Dec 31, 2017
For the New Year forget about extreme weight loss diets & focus on foods that Fill You Up & Fuel Your Body!
Foods with a good source of fiber (3 grams or more per serving) are a great way to Fill You Up so you stay full for longer.
- Foods with at least a serving of protein (around 8 grams) are a great way to Fill You Up & Fuel Your Body because they take longer to digest.
Fill Up Fuel Up Tips:
- Breakfast Should be Quick, Easy & Satisfying:
- Overnight oats (fiber) with a tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter (protein), mixed berries, low-fat milk or milk alternative, cinnamon, & optional topping with chopped nuts or seeds (more protein & fiber).
- A smoothie made with frozen fruit like mango, mixed berries, or strawberries, a fresh banana for sweetness, low-fat milk (protein), ground flaxseed or chia seed (fiber), plain 2% Greek yogurt (protein) and a bit of honey to your taste preference.
- Choose Better for you Proteins:
- Hard boiled eggs, reduced fat string cheese, mixed nuts or 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter are all quick sources of protein that are filling and fuel your body.
- Salmon, canned low sodium tuna, chicken breast, tilapia, shrimp, sirloin, pork loin & turkey breast are smart choices for dinner time – they are filling, lower in saturated fat & will fuel your body.
- Snack Smarter with Filling & Fueling Choices:
- Pair roasted red pepper hummus (fiber & protein) with bell pepper strips, celery, & carrots for a crunchy & filling snack
- Add peanut butter (protein) to a whole grain wrap (fiber) with a ripe banana rolled up like a burrito for on-the-go fuel.
- Even quicker, grab a hard-boiled egg (protein) & an apple or pear (fiber) for an easy snack when you’re in a hurry.
Category: Health Tips
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »