Fill Up, Fuel Up Overnight Oats
Jan 03, 2018
I am crazy about overnight oats. I love the idea of taking just a few minutes to prepare a delicious breakfast that will be ready for me the next morning. Overnight oats are quick, convenient and super versatile. I usually start with a 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats. I then add 3/4 of a cup of some type of milk ( usually almond). Then I will add fresh fruit, chia or flax seed, nuts or nut butter, and a natural sweetener such as maple syrup or honey. Voilà, a delicious and balanced breakfast.
Basic Overnight Oats Recipe:
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ - ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or skim milk (depending on how thick you like it)
- 1/2 to 1 full ripe Mashed banana (for sweetness or you can do 1 small unsweetened applesauce cup)
- Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a glass jar, cup, or bowl. Stir well and cover.
- Place in your fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with any extras like fresh fruit or something crunchy like chopped nuts, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, or 1 TBSP natural PB or almond butter (if you haven’t already added it into the jar the night before).
Note: to add more thickness you can also add around 1/3 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »