Labor Day Burger Recipe
Aug 30, 2018
Blended Turkey with Avocado Mushroom Burger
Serves 6 (1/4lb.) patties
These juicy turkey burgers are extra satisfying when blended with 50% mushrooms and topped with fresh, creamy Avocados and Swiss cheese.
- 1/3 Pound mushrooms, finely chopped (5-6 medium-sized creminis)
- 1 Pound lean ground turkey
- 1 Teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 6 hamburger buns
- Toppings: Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, pickles
- Place the mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl combine mushrooms, turkey, seasoning, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into 6 patties (1/4 lb.) and place onto a baking sheet. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Cook patties either on the barbecue or on the stove-top until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Place patty on warmed bun and top with sliced avocado, spinach, tomato and red onion.
Nutrition: Nutritional Information: Calories: 370, Total Fat: 16 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 90 mg, Sodium: 380 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 37 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 22 g
Recipe and Photo Courtesy Of: http://blenditarian.com/resources/recipe/blended-turkey-with-avocado-mushroom-burger/