County Market 100th Anniversary $20,000 Car Giveaway - Official Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The County Market 100th Anniversary $20,000 Car Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is offered only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prizes are non-transferable by winner. Giveaway is offered only to Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Missouri residents. Employees of Niemann Foods, Pepsi, Frito Lay and other businesses deemed to be major sponsors, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Giveaway Entities”), members of their immediate families, and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses and children living in the same household. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Giveaway or reproduce or distribute any portion of these official rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these official rules are not followed.
2. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable law and these official rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsor. The Giveaway Entry Period begins September 25, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2017. All times in these rules refer to Central Time.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Persons who do not have, or do not wish to apply for the Max Card, can enter the Sweepstakes by printing or typing their name, address, zip code, home phone number and age on a plain 3” x 5” piece of paper and mailing it to Niemann Foods, Inc., Sweepstakes – County Market 100th Anniversary Car Giveaway, PO Box C-847, Quincy, IL 62306-0847. The deadline for entries is October 31, 2017. Entries must be postmarked no later than October 20, 2017.
You can also enter by taking a picture of yourself and the Pepsi and/or Frito Lay product display at the participating County Market stores and posting it to the MyCountyMarket Facebook page, www.facebook.com/myCountyMarket and using the #CountyMarketCarGiveaway between September 25 – October 31, 2017. The display will have corresponding signs in the store. Only one entry per person through Facebook.
To enter automatically, you can also simply use your Max Card each time you shop at a Niemann Foods, Inc.-owned County Market any time between September 25 – October 31, 2017 and purchase qualifying Pepsi or Frito Lay products including: 12 and 24 pack can Pepsi products, six and eight pack bottled Pepsi products, two liter Pepsi products, 7 oz or larger Lays or Doritos bags of chips, or Fritos, Lay’s and Tostitos dips. One chance to win will be given each time the Max Card is scanned during the purchase of the participating items at a County Market with Max Card program.
For participating Niemann Foods, Inc.-owned County Market stores without a Max Card program, you can take a picture of your receipt after purchasing qualifying Pepsi or Frito Lay products including: 12 and 24 pack can Pepsi products, six and eight pack bottled Pepsi products, two liter Pepsi products, 7 oz or larger Lays or Doritos bags of chips, or Fritos, Lay’s and Tostitos dips and email the picture of your receipt along with your name, mailing address and phone number to Contests@NiemannFoods.com. One chance to win will be given each time a receipt with participating products is sent in. But duplicate receipts from the same purchase will not be given extra entries into the contest.
3. HOW TO WIN:
The winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor or its agent on November 30, 2017. The selected winner will be notified by phone based on the contact information provided in the entry. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information. Winner must respond to such notification by contacting the Giveaway coordinator, as described in the notification, within 3 days after the notification is sent by Sponsor, or the winner will be subject to disqualification, in which case the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, time permitting, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner may be required to sign and return, prior to receipt of prize, appropriate forms and/or documentation, including without limitation, any documents necessary to transfer to Sponsor any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, etc.) in the entry materials, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and/or where legally permissible, a publicity release. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification of the winner and forfeiture of the prize.
4. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Giveaway constitutes each entrant’s consent for Sponsor to use, publish, reproduce, and distribute for any purpose, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, print, internet, television, radio, and offline), each winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, or image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit, or right of review or approval.
5. PRIZE: ONE grand prize will be offered during the Giveaway. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded. The Prize Vehicle of your Choice (marketed as a 1917 Model T Ford or 2017 Ford Focus) worth a $20,000 value will be awarded in the form of a check. All tax liability on all prizes is solely the responsibility of the prize winner. The prize winner will receive a 1099 form. Sponsor may, at its discretion, award prize to the winner as a check in the amount of the stated retail value of the prize minus the applicable taxes.
Prize must be picked up within 5 days of winner’s response to notification. If not claimed by 5:00 p.m. on the designated day, prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected who must respond to the notification within 3 days and claim the prize within 5 days of the response to the notification. To claim prize, winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification, acceptable to Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable by winner.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these official rules and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these official rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Giveaway will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Giveaway. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS GIVEAWAY, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY, OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. Winner’s guest(s), if applicable, may be required to execute a liability and publicity release prior to the winner’s receipt of the prize. Sponsor retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these official rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and discretionary. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize, or if the selected winner fails to timely claim the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate winner from remaining entries (time permitting), or may elect not to award such prize to an alternate winner, where permitted. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winner must provide his or her social security number for tax purposes. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winner(s).
8. FORCE MAJEURE, DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right, in their discretion, to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaway and to select winner(s) from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway if they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Giveaway Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in acquisition, operation, or transmission of communications, line failure relating to theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems relating to, or technical malfunction of, any communications network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or communications service provider, computer or other equipment, hardware, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion of any communications system on the internet, or at any website, or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading of any materials in this Giveaway. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
9. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR CONNECTED WITH THIS GIVEAWAY, SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION THEN EFFECTIVE, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARD TO THIS GIVEAWAY, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois. Arbitration in Adams County, Illinois shall be the exclusive forum and venue for any dispute relating to these official rules and for this Giveaway. If arbitration is prohibited, then and in such event, the courts of Illinois in Adams County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these official rules and/or this Giveaway. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Giveaway, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Illinois in Adams County. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these official rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these official rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these official rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: To receive a copy of these official rules, visit MyCountyMarket.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by October 31, 2017 to Niemann Foods, Inc., County Market 100th Anniversary Car Giveaway Rules, 1501 N. 12th Street PO Box C-847, Quincy, IL 62306. These official rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsor reserves the right to change, alter, or amend these official rules as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Giveaway or to comply with applicable law. For proof of the winner’s name, send a self-addressed stamped envelope within sixty (60) days of the drawing to County Market 100th Anniversary Car Giveaway Winners’ List, at the address listed above.
11. SPONSOR: Niemann Foods, Inc., 1501 N. 12th Street PO Box C-847, Quincy, IL 62306
Additional sponsors as of this date: Pepsi and Frito Lay