Home Company Careers Required Notices
Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA)
Personnel Policies - Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA)
Niemann Foods, Inc. (“Niemann Foods”) uses Kronos biometric timeclocks to collect, store and use biometric data. This data is used solely for Associate identification and fraud prevention. Niemann Foods has instituted the following policy governing the collection, use, storage, and destruction of your biometric data (finger scan).
- The biometric timeclocks are computer-based systems that scan an Associate’s finger for purposes of identification. The computer system extracts unique data points and creates a unique mathematical representation used to verify the Associate’s identity.
- Niemann Foods will not sell, lease, trade, or otherwise profit from an individual’s biometric data.
- Niemann Foods will not disclose or disseminate any biometric data to anyone other than its vendors and its licensor of time and attendance software providing products and services using biometric data, unless disclosure is required pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena by a court.
- Niemann Foods shall use a reasonable standard of care to store, transmit and protect from disclosure any biometric data collected. Such storage, transmission, and protection from disclosure shall be performed using the same standard of care and security controls it uses for other confidential and sensitive information.
- Any biometric data will be permanently removed from the database and records within 60 days from the date of an Associate’s termination.
- Any biometric data of an Associate on a leave of absence may be maintained in the system. If an Associate does not return to work from the leave, their biometric data will be permanently removed within 60 days. If the Associate returns at a later date, they can be re-enrolled.
- No clock will be disposed of, unless biometric data and Associate information is removed.
- An individual’s biometric data will not be collected, used, disclosed, or stored without prior written consent of the individual to use his or her biometric data for the specific purposes disclosed herein.
- An individual is free to decline to provide biometric data to the Niemann Foods, its vendors, and/or the licensor of the time and attendance software without any adverse employment action.
The Associate may revoke this consent at any time by notifying Niemann Foods in writing.