4th of July Appetizer
Jul 09, 2015
Looking for a great dip to bring to your 4th of July celebration? Try this yummy guacamole. Avocados are filled with heart healthy fats and Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium and protein. Serve with baked whole wheat pita slices or raw veggies.
• 1 avocado peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
• 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
• ½ tsp. salt
• Dash of hot sauce
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ¼ cup finely diced red onion
1. In a medium bowl, mash avocado, yogurt, lime juice, salt and hot sauce together.
2. Fold in cilantro
3. Garnish with chopped red onion
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »