Creamy Crab and Corn Salad
Jul 09, 2015
Sweet grilled corn off the cob mixed with lump crab meat, veggies and ripe avocado...you couldn't ask for a better combination of flavors and textures this time of year! Try this recipe out on a hot day when you are maybe not feeling up to a heavy or hot meal. Enjoy
Creamy Crab & Corn Salad
Minutes to Prepare: 20 (then chill for 2 hours) Number of Servings: 6
• 2 cans lump crab meat (8oz), drained
• 1 ½ cups grilled corn (cut off the cob, cooled)
• 6 green onions, chopped
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
• 1 cup chopped asparagus
• ½ cup chopped orange bell pepper
• ½ tablespoon minced garlic
• 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
• ½ avocado, diced
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
• ½ package dry ranch dressing (or you can make your own and use 1 to 1 1/2 TBSP)
• Black pepper to taste
1. Dump the crab, corn, green onions, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, orange pepper, garlic, cilantro, and avocado in a large bowl. Mix well.
2. In a medium sized bowl; add the lime juice, non-fat plain Greek yogurt, and dry ranch dressing together and mix into thoroughly incorporated.
3. Add the creamy ranch mixture to the bowl with the veggies and fold gently with a spatula to mix all ingredients.
4. Add black pepper and other herbs and seasonings to taste.
5. Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
--Serve with Triscuits or whole wheat pita chips for a quick picnic dish.
--As an alternative to a cold dish, add the crab salad mix to the top of a whole-wheat English muffin and broil in the oven for a sweet and zesty melt.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, does not include crackers):
Calories: 145 Protein: 14gm Total Carbohydrates: 16gm Fiber: 3gm
Total Fat: 3gm Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 475mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »