Grab N' Go Fruit Nachos
Aug 13, 2015
Photo Courtesy of TasteofHome.com
Grab N’ Go Fruit “Nachos”
Minutes to Prepare: 5 minutes Number of Servings: 2
- 1 Asian pear or crisp apple, rinsed, cut in half, core removed
- 1 tablespoon natural-style (oil on top) chunky peanut butter or nut butter alternative
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 box of raisins (or about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon shelled sunflower seeds, unsalted
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Slice the Asian pear into doughnut-like circles (should look like a doughnut if you remove the core with a melon-baler or tablespoon measuring utensil).
- In a coffee mug or microwaveable dish combine the peanut butter, honey, and dash of cinnamon (if using) and stir to combine.
- Heat for 15-30 seconds or until the peanut butter and honey are blended and not as thick in consistency.
- Arrange your Asian pear slices on a plate or in a container that you can Grab N’ Go and drizzle the peanut butter mixture on top like you would cheese on your nachos.
- Sprinkle the raisins and sunflower seeds on top and your “nachos” are ready to be devoured!
- You can also swap out the Asian pear, which is crispier and not mushy like a Bartlett pear for your favorite apple.
- You can prepare this the day before and slice the cored Asian pear ahead of time since they do NOT brown like apples do and add your “nacho” toppings so you can grab it right from your fridge and warm it for 30 seconds in the microwave just before eating.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 200 Protein: 4.4gm Total Carbohydrates: 30gm Fiber: 4gm
Total Fat: 7.7gm Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 30mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market