Labor Day Recipe
Aug 31, 2015
Labor Day is right around the corner and we can't wait for all those wonderful bbq's and picnics! We are sure to find the usual dishes like pasta salads, finger foods, hot dogs, and potato salads at these types of social gatherings.
Most of us like to try a little of everything and that’s where we can get in to trouble - These types of dishes often are made with heavy sauces, condiments, and full-fat cheeses which can really add up in the calorie department.
Here is a tasty spin on the traditional potato salad recipes we are used to and it provides heart-friendly fats and rich flavors without being too rich in calories!
Guacamole Potato Salad
Minutes to Prepare: 25 Number of Servings: 8
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup of Hellman’s dijonnaise (or if you like plain Dijon mustard you can use that too)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- ½ tablespoon dried dill
- 6-8 medium sized red potatoes, boiled, diced (or cubed very small), cooled
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1-8oz container of prepared guacamole
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- In a medium sized bowl combine the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, Dijonnaise, dill pickle relish, and dried dill. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, onions, and celery and mix well. Add the dijonnaise mixture to the bowl and mix until blended. Chill in the refrigerator 1-2 hours or until you are ready to serve.
- Gently fold in the chopped cilantro and guacamole just before you are ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 270 Protein: 4gm Total Carbohydrates: 38gm Fiber: 5gm
Total Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 248mg
Recipe calculated courtesy of SparkRecipe calculator
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »