Pear Berry Smoothie
Sep 10, 2015
In Celebration of Fruits & Veggies More Matters (R) Month we want to provide lots of ways for you to get your fruits and veggies in each and every day. Not only should your snacks be easy to “Grab N’ Go” but so should your breakfast!!
Don’t have time for breakfast you say? Smoothies take less than 5 minutes to make and you can eat them on-the-go.
Here is a breakfast smoothie recipe that is not only sweet, but it is easy to Grab N’ Go!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes Number of Servings: 1
Photo courtesy of USA Pears
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear (will be golden yellow in color & the neck will be soft), seeded and stem removed
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or any other milk or milk alternative)
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds (optional) add if you want a healthy dose of omega-3’s
- Blend all ingredients together in your blender. You can add more or less liquid (milk) depending on the consistency you prefer.
- You can freeze your peeled bananas in slices and add ½ cup to ¾ cup of them in the place of 1 large ripe banana for a thicker smoothie
- Be bold and try kale instead of spinach - try blending the kale in a food processor or use a really good blender to finely chop up the leaves
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 390 Protein: 9.6gm Total Carbohydrates: 79gm Fiber: 18.6gm
Total Fat: 6.6gm Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 270 mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market