Nov 09, 2015
Cauliflower is super popular right now! Not only is it filled with vitamins and minerals but its very versatile. Due to the popularity of low-carb diets many people are finding inventive ways to use this popular vegetable. Anything from cauliflower pizza crust to cauliflower steak. Here is another way to prepare cauliflower which happens to be one of my favorites. I love this as an alternative to mashed potatoes. Perfect for your holiday meals and for those following a lower carbohydrate diet.
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Number of Servings: 4 Preparation/Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/3 cup Wild Harvest Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons 2% Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Place cauliflower florets and garlic cloves in a microwave safe bowl with ¼ cup of water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 5 minutes at a time until tender.
- Place cauliflower mixture into food processor. Add chicken broth, yogurt, salt and pepper. Puree until desired consistency. You could also use a potato masher.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, without adding salt to recipe):
Calories: 50 Total Fat: 0.5gm Protein: 4.2gm Total Carbohydrates: 9gm
Cholesterol: 1mg Dietary Fiber: 3.7gm Sodium: 85mg
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »