Feta, Spinach & Red Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms
Dec 03, 2015
The holidays are in full swing! With the many Christmas Parties and Holiday Gatherings you will likely attend this season it is nice to have some new recipe ideas or appetizers to bring.
Here is a simple and satisfying recipe that you will want to make again!
Feta, Red Pepper & Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
Total Time: 35 Number of Servings: 8 (2-3 mushrooms caps/serving)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 16oz baby portabella mushrooms, fresh
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, patted dry, diced
- 1 - 10oz package frozen spinach, defrosted, drained (squeezed of excess water)
- 1/8 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs or panko
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Non-Stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (set aside).
2. Remove stems from mushroom caps and discard (or use in another recipe). Place with the hollowed out stem side up on prepared baking sheet.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, feta, roasted red peppers, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well until ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Fill each of the mushroom caps with the spinach mixture until all caps are over-filled (or until all the mixture is gone).
5. Evenly sprinkle the dry bread crumbs over the top of the mushrooms (to add texture and crunch).
6. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and have darkened.
- Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the tops of the filled mushroom caps.
- Add diced kalamata olives to spinach/feta/red pepper mixture for a more Mediterranean flavor.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 46 Protein: 3.4gm Total Carbohydrates: 5gm Fiber: 1.6gm
Total Fat: 1.5g Cholesterol: 5.5mg Sodium: 138mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »