New Year's Eve BBQ Chicken Pizza
Dec 30, 2015
Are you hosting or going to a New Year's Eve party this year? Appetizers are the way to go!!! Everyone likes to talk and mingle while grazing on finger foods at parties, but many of these appetizers are often high in fat, salt, and calories.
Now when pizza comes to mind many of us would expect it be high in calories, fat, etc. but not this recipe!
Give this BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe a try -- It uses our private label Essential Everyday thin wheat pizza crust and simple ingredients to help you whip up this yummy appetizer in a flash!
NYE BBQ Chicken Pizza
Picture courtesy of Food Network
Prep/Cook Time: Number of Servings: 16 (2 squares is a serving)
- 1 package Essential Everyday Ultra-thin Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, boiled & sliced into small 1/4” strips
OR You can buy pre-cooked shredded Rotisserie Chicken Breast to use instead for a quicker option.
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded & divided
- ½ Red Onion, diced
- 1 can Wild Harvest Corn, rinsed and drained (you may even dab to dry with a paper towel)
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lay the pizza crusts on separate pizza baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes until the crust is slightly crisp and remove from oven.
- Top each pizza crust with half of the shredded cheese.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the rinsed and drained corn, black beans & diced red onion. Lightly mix to combine well.
- Sprinkle the black bean and corn mixture over the top of both pizzas followed by the cooked strips of chicken breast.
- Drizzle the BBQ sauce evenly over the two pizzas and place them back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.
- Cut the BBQ chicken pizzas into square slices for a nice appetizer-sized bite!
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 186 Protein: 13gm Total Carbohydrates: 28gm Fiber: 4gm
Total Fat: 3.4gm Cholesterol: 18 mg Sodium: 323mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »