Healthy Game Day Ideas
Feb 01, 2016
Here’s some delicious and lighter recipes for the big game:
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- ½ Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (12 oz.) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 box (16 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 can (4 oz.) roasted green chilies, drained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minute or until softened.
- Add the artichokes, spinach, chilies, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with whole grain pita chips or tortilla chips
Nutrition Info: 270 calories; 10g fat; 2.5g sat. fat; 520mg sodium; 14g fiber
Recipe courtesy of: Cook This Not That
- 2 cups frozen limeade (recipe below)
- 2 bottles of light beer
- ½ cup white tequila
- 1 cup fresh lime juice + 2 limes for zesting
- 1 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup Splenda sugar blend
To make the limeade:
Zest two limes. In a large saucepan, combine water, Splenda and lime zest and heat until Splenda is completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
Stir in lime juice and freeze your limeade concentrate until ready to use.
To make the beer-garitas:
In a pitcher, combine frozen limeade, 2 beers and ½ cup of tequila. Place pitcher in the freezer overnight until frozen through, then mix so that it is in slushy form and serve.
Nutrition Info: 1 (6 oz.) serving= 231 calories; 0g fat; 6.2g carbs;
Recipe courtesy of: Eat Yourself Skinny
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »