Portabello Mushroom Fajitas
Apr 04, 2016
Portobello Mushroom Fajitas
Portobello mushrooms yield a rich, earthy, and almost meaty flavor in this satisfying dish!
Category: Main Dishes
Cups of Fruits & Vegetables per Serving: 1 1/4
Think Variety; Think Color: Red, White, Green
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces portobello mushrooms (or about 4 caps), 1/2-inch thick slices
1 cup red onion, slices
1 medium bell pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1 medium lime, cut into wedges
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 whole wheat tortillas
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; saute 5 minutes until almost tender.
- Add onion, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, black pepper; squeeze 2-3 lime wedges over veggies.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 cup mixture down center of each tortilla; Roll each tortilla up.
- Optional: Serve with salsa or fresh avocado on side.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- % of Calories from Fat: 30%
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Recipe Credit
- Texas A & M AgriLife Extension
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »