Hummus and Veggie Wrap
Jun 20, 2016
With the temperatures rising it can be challenging finding something to cook that doesn't require heating up the kitchen. That's why I love wraps. Filled with delicious ingredients that you can find in the prepared/deli section, along with some fresh produce and a few pantry staples and you have a satisfying meal. This recipe uses prepared hummus along with fresh produce and delicious California Walnuts for an extra crunch. Feel free to add some leftover deli rotisserie chicken, lean deli ham or deli turkey.
Hummus and Veggie Wraps
Total time: 5 minutes
Serves 1 person
- 1 (8-inch) whole grain tortilla
- 1/4 cup pre-packaged hummus
- 1/4 cup lettuce, sliced, or baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons California walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, chopped, roasted
- 2 tablespoons carrot, coarsely shredded
- 8 cucumbers slices, peeled
- Place tortilla on a flat surface and spread hummus over 2/3 of the tortilla, leaving the top empty.
- Top evenly with lettuce and vegetables and roll up tightly, starting at the bottom. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to eat. Makes 1 wrap.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 221 Protein: 12gm Total Fat: 17m Carbohydrates: 37gm
Cholesterol: 0g Sodium: 410mg Fiber: 8gm
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: California Walnuts
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market