Spicy Cherry Tomato Bombs
Jul 07, 2016
One of my favorite produce in the Summertime is fresh ripe tomatoes! Large or small I LOVE them all!
Here is a recipe that turns up the heat and the presentation for a nice appetizer at a picnic or backyard BBQ enjoy!
Cherry Tomato Bombs
Preparation Time: 30 minutes Number of Servings: 8
- 32 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha chile sauce
- ¼ cup light cream cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 32 thin strips of red bell pepper or chile pepper (if you prefer it to be spicier use a jalapeno)
- Cut a small slice off the top of each cherry tomato and hollow out the center of each, discarding seeds and juice. If the tomatoes will not stand up, cut a very small slice off the bottom so that they have a flat bottom.
- Squirt a couple of drops of Sriracha into each tomato.
- Fill each tomato about half way with cream cheese. Depending on the size of the tomatoes you may have extra cream cheese.
- Cut avocado into little cubes sized to fit in the tomatoes. You may have extra avocado. Place avocado cubes on top of the cream cheese in each tomato, pushing down gently.
- Add a generous drop of Sriracha on top of each tomato and insert a pepper strip to look like the cherry bomb fuse. Serve.
- Use a baby food spoon or other very small spoon to hollow out and fill the tomatoes.
- If you have extra cream cheese and avocado, mix them together and add some Sriracha - enjoy on pepper strips or crackers.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
Calories 60; Total Fat 4.5 gm; Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 65 mg; Total Carbohydrates 5 gm; Dietary Fiber 2 gm; Protein 2 gm;
Vitamin A 239 (IU); Vitamin C 15 mg; Calcium 20 mg; Iron 0.3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 30 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.03 g
Recipe Courtesy of California Avocados
Melanie, Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »