Back to School Breakfast Bruschetta
Aug 18, 2016
Start your day off with a breakfast twist on classic bruschetta: California avocados, tomato, hard-boiled egg and ricotta with basil atop toasted rustic whole grain bread. A breakfast the whole family can enjoy on-the-go!
Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes Number of Servings:
- 1 ripe fresh large California Avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil, plus 2 Tbsp for garnish
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 12 slices whole wheat baguette bread
- ¼ cup reduced fat ricotta cheese
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice avocado, tomatoes and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Reserving 2 tablespoons basil for garnish and gently toss the first five ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Finally top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 340 Protein: 17gm Total Fat: 17gm Total Carbohydrates: 32gm
Fiber: 9gm Sodium: 310mg Cholesterol: 190mg
Recipe & photo courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation and California Avocado Commission
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »