Wine & Cheese Pairing Appetizer
Sep 16, 2016
Here is the perfect Grab N' Go snack for adults! If you are entertaining this weekend or anytime for that matter make this yummy recipe and cut them in smaller bite size pieces to serve as an appetizer!
Blue cheese pairs well with a Riesling or Cabernet Sauvignon if your friends are wine drinkers. Enjoy!
Stuffed Celery with Apricot & Blue Cheese Crumbles
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Number of Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese (or 1/3 the fat cream cheese)
- ½ cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 4 dried apricots
- 4 dried dates
- ¼ cup pecans
- 8 stalks of celery
- Place all ingredients in a food processor except the celery and pulse until the fruit and nuts or chopped.
- If you don’t have a food processor then you can chop the dried fruit and pecans with a knife. Then using a fork or a hand mixer, combine the blue cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, chopped nuts and fruit together until smooth.
- Refrigerate the spread until ready for use. Slice the celery stalks into 3 to 4 inch sticks and fill each celery piece with the spread.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 140 Protein: 6gm Total Carbohydrates: 16gm Fiber: 3gm
Total Fat: 6gm Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 220mg
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »