One Fish 2 Fish More Fish!
Oct 10, 2016
The American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least 2 times per week to promote a healthy heart.
Fish like salmon and tuna are just a few examples of lean sources of protein with heart-healthy fats.
Fish like tilapia, Swai, cod and Pollock are also a good source of lean protein and are very low in calories and fat, which makes them a smart choice when trying to maintain or lose weight.
We could all do a little better job of eating fish more often in our diet, so here is an easy fish recipe for you to try!
Lemon Pepper Cod with Olives & Capers
Number of Servings: 4 Preparation/Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 Lbs Cod
- ¾ cup dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc (may need more)
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, pits removed
- 1 TBSP capers
- Zest of 1 lemon, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler, sliced thin
- ½ TBSP lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Black pepper , to taste
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the cod in a roasting pan and pour the dry white wine on top of the cod until it covers halfway up the side of the fish.
- Add the olives, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice & garlic to the roasting pan with the cod and lightly drizzle olive oil evenly over the fish.
- Then sprinkle with red pepper flakes and cracked black pepper over the cod.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked all the way through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and top fish with the chopped parsley.
- Divide the fish over 4 plates and spoon the olive and wine sauce mixture over the top of the fish.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 324 Protein: 51gm Total Carbohydrates: 3gm Fiber: 1.1gm
Total Fat: 7gm Cholesterol: 125mg Sodium: 394 mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market