More Pumpkin Please!!
Nov 03, 2016
Pumpkin this pumpkin that - MORE Pumpkin please!!!!
If that sounds like you then you need to try this recipe. Try adding a dash of pumpkin pie spice to the cheesecake mixture for even more pumpkin flavor.
If you aren’t obsessed with pumpkin then feel free to leave it out and it will still be a delicious and nutritious dessert!
Baked Pumpkin Cheesecake Apples
Prep/Cook Time: 55 minutes (or longer if serving cold) Number of servings: 6
- 6 large Honeycrisp apples
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup 100% pumpkin puree
- Optional garnishments: crushed cinnamon graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans or walnuts, sprinkle of brown sugar
- 8 ounces 1/3 the fat or Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off the top of each apple to remove the stem & some of the skin.
- Then scoop out the insides of each apple including the core, seeds, & most of the apple flesh, but leave enough so you don’t bust through skin of the apple.
Tip: eat the apple flesh you scooped out so it doesn’t go to waste!
- Place apples on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In an electric mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until it is a creamy smooth texture or you can use a hand held mixer.
- Add in the vanilla, egg, cinnamon & pumpkin and mix again until smooth.
- Fill each of the apples almost to the top with the cheesecake mixture (about 2/3 of the way) and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake apples for 20-24 minutes or until the cheesecake filling has set up then transfer them to a plate to cool for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with optional garnishments or you can refrigerate for 1-3 hours prior to serving for a cold dessert.
Nutrition Facts (per serving & do Not include optional garnishments):
Calories: 197 Protein: 3.5gm Total Carbohydrates: 31gm Fiber: 5.2gm
Total Fat: 7.6gm Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 151mg
Vitamin A: 50% DV
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »