Sizzling Chicken Fajitas
Jan 19, 2017
Making more meals at home is one of the best things you can do for your health!
Not only is it more inexpensive compared to eating out, but it is also the best way to control how much sodium, fat, sugar, and calories are going into your meals.
Here is a one-dish chicken fajita recipe that is super easy and doesn't dirty up too many dishes!
Oven Chicken Fajitas
Minutes to Prepare: 1 hour Number of Servings: 8
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into ¼ to ½ inch wide strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into ¼ to ½ inch wide strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼ to ½ inch wide strips
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into ¼ to ½ inch wide strips
- 1.5 LBs boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into very thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 8 – La Tortilla Factory low-carb whole wheat tortillas (6-inch size)
- Optional Garnishments: non-fat Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, avocado, fresh salsa, shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the fajita seasoning ingredients together and mix well. Set aside.
- In a glass or metal 9X13 inch baking dish add the strips of onion, bell pepper, garlic and chicken and toss to mix well.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning evenly over the veggies and meat then drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to toss the veggies and meat to coat with seasoning and oil.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of lime juice over veggies/meat and bake in oven for 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from oven once chicken is completely cooked and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Scoop 3-4 heaping tablespoons of veggies and meat into the center of each tortilla and top with garnishments of your choice such as cilantro, Greek yogurt, avocado, and salsa.
Nutrition Facts (per serving & does Not include optional garnishments):
Calories: 209 Protein: 24.5gm Total Carbohydrates: 15gm Fiber: 8.4gm
Total Fat: 8.7gm Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 270mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »