Dessert That is Good For the Heart
Feb 02, 2017
Chocolate and Avocado together???…I know it sounds gross, but believe me when I tell you that you won’t taste the avocado at ALL!
No one would even guess that there is avocado in these bite-sized truffle balls unless of course you tell them – so keep a secret and sneak a little heart-healthy fat into your Valentines’ treats this year!!
Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Prep Time: 1 hour Number of Servings: 20
- 1 medium, ripe Avocado, mashed
- 6oz semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons, unsweetened cocoa powder, separated
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Assorted toppings (coconut, sprinkles, nuts)
- Melt chocolate in either the microwave or on the stove, taking care not to burn it.
- Once melted, stir in the mashed avocado, brown sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, salt and 1 ½ tablespoons of the cocoa powder until thoroughly combined.
- Place the truffle mixture into the fridge for 30-40 minutes and allow it to cool until partially set.
- Use a small cookie scooper or tablespoon to dollop out the truffles and form into balls with your hands.
- Roll truffles in the remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or other desired toppings (chopped nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc.).
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 50 Protein: 0.3gm Total Carbohydrates: 7gm Fiber: 0.8gm
Total Fat: 3.5gm Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 16mg
Recipe courtesy of Avocados from Mexico
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »