It's All Greek To Me
Feb 13, 2017
Here's a healthy spin on the classic gyro recipe:
Lemon Herb Greek Chicken Pitas
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes Number of Servings: 4
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita rounds (each round cut in half)
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 Rotisserie Chicken Breasts, shredded
Tip: you can get pre-shredded rotisserie chicken breast or get a whole chicken and use the leftover for another meal
- Juice of 1 lemon extra wedges for pitas
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 2 TBSP fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt-free Greek seasoning
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Lighthouse OPA Greek Yogurt Feta Dill Dressing or Tzatziki sauce
Tip: You can make your own Tzatziki sauce too!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay pita halves on baking sheets & brush lightly with olive oil on both sides. Then sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Bake until they are warm and slightly crispy, but not so hard that you cannot “stuff” them.
- Meanwhile add shredded rotisserie chicken to a medium-sized skillet over medium-low heat.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the chicken and add black pepper, a pinch of dried oregano, fresh basil, and Greek seasoning to chicken.
- Toss to coat all sides and cook for about 2-3 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.
- Stuff the warm pitas with chicken, diced tomatoes, onions, feta, & Greek yogurt dressing or tzatziki sauce.
Nutrition Facts (this does not include the Greek yogurt dressing):
Calories: 315 Total Fat: 6.6gm Protein: 27gm Total Carbohydrates: 39gm
Cholesterol: 61mg Dietary Fiber: 5.3gm Sodium: 483mg
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »