Here Fishy Fishy
Mar 22, 2017
Here's a fish recipe that is easy to prepare & the best part is that it has only 7 ingredients (most of which you probably already have on hand). Enjoy!
Minutes to Prepare: 5 Minutes to Cook: 12 Number of Servings: 4
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. lime zest, plus juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. blackened spice seasoning
- Combine the butter, cilantro, garlic, lime zest, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl and stir to thoroughly blend. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over high heat. Rub the tilapia all over with the blackening spice. When the oil in the pan lightly smokes, add the fish and cook, undisturbed, for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side, until the spice rub becomes dark and crusty. Flip and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes, until the fillets flake with gentle pressure from your finger.
- Transfer the fish to 4 serving plates and immediately top each with a bit of the flavored butter.
- Serve with County Market’s cowboy caviar (found in the Deli).
- Pairs well with a side of corn bread or whole-wheat dinner roll and steamed veggies.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 300 Protein: 45gm Total Carbohydrates: 1gm
Total Fat: 14gm Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 510mg
Recipe courtesy of “Cook This Not That”
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »