Did Someone Say Chocolate?
Jun 29, 2017
If you say chocolate….I will say YES please!! Really anything chocolate whether it is chocolate covered nuts/fruit, dark chocolate of any kind, pudding, chocolate ice cream – you name it I will probably be a fan!
Now when it comes to pudding, I know how easy it is to find the boxed stuff or even the go-to snack pack pudding cups…but there is no comparison when it comes to tasting a pudding that is homemade!
If you are a dark chocolate fan like me then you will love this rich & satisfying chocolate pudding recipe and there is a surprise ingredient……Avocado!!
Avocados contain 13 vitamins that the body requires for normal functioning, not to mention those heart-healthy monounsaturated fats we hear so much about.
Did I mention that this recipe has an incredibly smooth and creamy texture – yep you can thank the Avocado again for that!!
Now if you already tuned me out after seeing the word “Avocado” just know that you won’t taste it AT ALL. This is a must try whether you are or are not a fan of avocados!
Dark Chocolate Banana Pudding
Minutes to Prepare: 5 Number of Servings: 4
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 2 very ripe large bananas
- 1/4 cup 1 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (remove about 1 tablespoon if you aren’t a fan of dark chocolate)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (0%)
- Optional: berries, mint, or slivered almonds (for topping)
- Mix all ingredients together except for the slivered almonds in a food processor and blend until a creamy consistency.
- Top with slivered almonds, mint, or berries (if using) and serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Add fresh raspberries to the top as a garnish or blueberries
- Add a dash of cinnamon if you like to the recipes.
- Top with real whipped cream for presentation
- You can always use shaved dark chocolate that is about 70% in dark cocoa solids for an extra rich high antioxidant dessert.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 310 Protein: 6.6gm Total Carbohydrates: 46 gm Fiber: 12gm
Total Fat: 15.7gm Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 18mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »