Dill-icious Potato Salad
Jun 01, 2017
While Summer isn’t officially here yet, it sure feels that way! That means grilling, backyard BBQs & outdoor social events almost every weekend!
Bring on the fresh food, summer salads and grilled flavors.
With June being National Dairy Month I have the perfect recipe for your next backyard BBQ or outdoor gathering that uses plain Greek Yogurt rather than a heavy mayonnaise base. Enjoy.
Dilly Potato Salad
Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes (2 hours 20 minutes if chilled in fridge) Number of Servings: 6
- 2 lbs red-skinned potatoes, boiled & cooled (skins can be left on or peeled)
- 2 cups 2% plain Greek yogurt (or non-fat to lower calories & fat)
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 4 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 4 green onions, chopped (both white and green parts)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add the boiled, cooled potatoes, Greek yogurt, mustard, dill weed, relish, green onions, celery, and black pepper to a large bowl.
- Mix ingredients together by gently folding the ingredients until combined (should be a nice creamy texture).
- Taste and adjust with additional seasonings to desired taste preference and chill in the fridge for several hours before serving or serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 177 Protein: 10gm Total Carbohydrates: 28gm Fiber: 4gm
Total Fat: 1.8gm Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 470 mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »