Summer Crab & Corn Salad
Jul 20, 2017
I really do love crabmeat, but honestly I can’t bring myself to buy the imitation kind because it is just not the same.
With that said…. I don’t always want to buy fresh crab legs and have to “work for my food” either (not to mention it can get a bit pricy)….So that brings me to canned lump crab meat!
Not only is canned crabmeat fairly inexpensive compared to fresh crab….it is REAL crab and the work has already been done for me!!
Here is a quick and delicious summer crab salad recipe I like to serve with whole grain crackers or stuffed in a whole wheat pita or wrap. Enjoy!
Avocado Crab & Corn Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes Number of Servings: 4
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 12 oz canned lump crab meat, drained (water pressed out)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 mini sweet bell peppers, diced, stems removed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced (seeds removed)
- 1 1/2 cups no-salt added canned corn
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 low carb whole wheat wraps
- In a small bowl add red onion, lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar pepper & salt (if using) and whisk to combine.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine crab meat, tomatoes, chopped mini bell pepper, avocado, jalapeno, and corn. Mix with a spoon to blend ingredients and add the cilantro in and toss a few times.
- Pour red onion and lime juice mixture over the crab & veggie mixture and toss well to combine. Serve on a whole wheat wrap
Nutrition Facts (per serving & does not include adding salt):
Calories: 310 Protein: 22gm Total Carbohydrates: 32gm Fiber: 14gm
Total Fat: 13.7gm Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 304mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »