Sep 11, 2017
Fish is a great source of lean protein and should be your protein of choice at least twice a week. In celebration of National Family Meals Month (TM), here is a simple recipe that packs a flavor punch.
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. lime zest, plus juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. blackened spice seasoning
- Combine the butter, cilantro, garlic, lime zest, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl and stir to thoroughly blend. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over high heat. Rub the tilapia all over with the blackening spice. When the oil in the pan lightly smokes, add the fish and cook, undisturbed, for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side, until the spice rub becomes dark and crusty. Flip and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes, until the fillets flake with gentle pressure from your finger.
- Transfer the fish to 4 serving plates and immediately top each with a bit of the flavored butter.
Nutrition Info. 300 calories per serving; 14g fat (6g sat. fat) and 510mg sodium
Recipe courtesy of “Cook This Not That”
*This pairs great with our County Market deli Cowboy Caviar and some homemade cornbread.
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »