Sep 25, 2017
Family meal night has never been easier than this. We all love tacos and this is a dish that will have everyone coming to the table. Everything is prepared in the same pot and takes hardly any time from stove to table. We love that this recipe uses both fresh and canned vegetables. Remember all forms fit when it comes to adding fruits and veggies to your plate.
Quick & Easy Taco Soup
Prep/Cook Time: 35 minutes Number of Servings: 6
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef or ground sirloin
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- ½ TBSP Chili Powder
- ½ TBSP garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 can no salt added black beans, rinsed
- 1 can no salt added corn, drained
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 8 cups of low sodium vegetable broth (or beef broth)
- Garnishments: Fresh chopped cilantro, 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese, plain Greek yogurt, sliced ripe avocado, multigrain tortilla chips.
- Brown lean ground beef in a large soup pot over medium heat with the diced red onion. Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika & parsley on top and cook until meat is completely cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Add the fresh diced tomato, Rotel, black beans, corn, green chilies, and vegetable broth to the soup pot and bring to a boil. Stir ingredients and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Taste and adjust cumin, chili powder or any other seasonings as needed.
- Add soup to large bowls and top with garnishments of your choice such as shredded cheese, cilantro, Greek yogurt, avocado and crushed tortilla chips.
- 8oz glass of low-fat milk
- Fresh red grapes
- Garden side salad with an oil and vinegar-based dressing.
Nutrition Facts (per serving & does NOT include garnishments or sides):
Calories: 270 Protein: 21.6gm Total Carbohydrates: 29gm Fiber: 7gm
Total Fat: 8.4gm Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 414mg
The Live Well Team
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »