Not Your Usual Brussels Sprouts
Nov 30, 2017
Here’s a recipe that’s a little naughty and a little nice – these sweet and spicy Brussels sprouts are unlike any Brussels Sprout you’ve tasted before. If you weren’t a fan before, you just might become one now!
Sweet & Spicy Asian Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep/Cook Time: 1 hour Number of Servings: 4
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts cut in half, stems cut off & bruised leaves removed.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine halved Brussels sprouts, olive oil & soy sauce and toss to combine.
- Line a large baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil and place Brussels sprouts on top.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, gently tossing once halfway through or until they are crispy and golden on the outside but tender on the inside.
- In a small bowl, combine siraracha, honey and lime juice and whisk to combine.
- Remove sprouts from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with the sweet and spicy sauce and toss once more before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 190 Protein: 6gm Total Carbohydrates: 29gm Fiber: 6.5gm
Total Fat: 7.3gm Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 323mg
Melanie Kluzek, Registered Dietitian for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »