Jul 02, 2018
Top Reasons to love Avocados
- They are full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- They are a great source of potassium.
- They are loaded with fiber.
- They are easy to incorporate into your diet. Try them mashed or sliced on whole grain toast; use them to add heart-healthy fat to your smoothies; add them to your favorite taco dishes; try them in baked goods; use them in your favorite salads and dips.
Looking for a great dip to bring to your picnic? Try this yummy guacamole. Avocados are filled with heart healthy fats and Greek yogurt is a great source of calcium and protein. Serve with baked whole wheat pita slices or raw veggies.
• 1 avocado peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
• 1 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
• ½ tsp. salt
• Dash of hot sauce
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ¼ cup finely diced red onion
1. In a medium bowl, mash avocado, yogurt, lime juice, salt and hot sauce together.
2. Fold in cilantro
3. Garnish with chopped red onion
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »