Chicken Guac Salad
Aug 01, 2018
Back to school time is almost here….All of us parents are rejoicing…Yippee!!!!! I’m always trying to think of something healthy I can put in my kids lunches instead of the usual fare i.e. peanut butter, bologna, etc. Since I always have leftovers in the fridge I thought it would be fun to put together a healthy chicken salad wrap. I thought I’d make it a little healthier by using guacamole instead of mayonnaise. The kids thought the green color was kind of cool and love the zesty taste. Score 1 for mom!!!!!
Chicken Guac Salad with a Whole Grain Wrap
Minutes to Prepare: 10 Number of Servings: 5 (1/2 cup servings
• 3 cups, Leftover boiled, diced Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless)
• 1 cup diced Celery
• 1 1/2 cups seedless Grapes (halved)
• 1/3 cup sliced Green Onions
• 3/4 cup Wholly Guacamole (classic style)
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Flatout Light Whole Grain Wrap (can use any other flavors)
1. Dice leftover boiled, boneless, skinless chicken breast to measure 3 cups.
2. Dice 1 cup of celery, halve 1 1/2 cups of seedless grapes, slice 1/3 cup of green onions, and measure 3/4 cup of Wholly Guacamole (classic style).
3. Add all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and add salt, pepper, and any other herbs and seasonings you like.
4. Mix well until all ingredients are blended together and "creamy."
5. Finally add the “Chicken Guac Salad” to your Favorite whole grain wrap or whole wheat crackers.
Can also add onion powder, garlic powder, or even curry powder (depending on your child's taste preferences) to kick it up a notch!
You can also substitute 2 cans of diced cooked chicken in the place of the 3 cups of leftover boiled, diced chicken.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Calories: 369 Protein: 32gm Total Carbohydrates: 30gm Fiber: 15gm
Total Fat: 17.1gm Cholesterol: 56gm Sodium: 528mg
Hope Danielson, Director of Health and Wellness for County Market
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »